For many travel-minded consumers, the Internet is the first encounter for your brand. An online tourism marketing strategy is the key to increasing the targeted traffic to your destination’s website.
Leveraging highly targeted, low-cost media channels
Traditional marketing and media channels cast a wide net, but only catch a fraction of consumers currently shopping or in your target demo. In contrast, digital channels and internet marketing can be hyper-targeted demographically, and can potentially reach everyone in search of what you have to offer. Wanderlust’s internet marketing strategies help you to target people based on their demographics, online habits and personal information. We can specifically reach niche audiences to ensure everyone who sees your ad is a member of the target audience. It is also very low-cost compared to mass media channels. Some channels offer pay-per-click or conversion, instead of general impressions, meaning you only pay for the people who are interested in your product or service.
An integrated strategy works across platforms
Like all of our integrated communications programs, Wanderlust develops internet marketing plans that follow individuals around across websites and social platforms through retargeting. Have you ever been shopping for shoes, and then been served an ad for that same pair on travelocity.com and later in your Facebook newsfeed? Retargeted ads keep those shoes top-of-mind, and our integrated strategy can do the same for vacationers checking out your category to keep your destination top-of-mind. Wanderlust’s approach also has the ability to serve ads on desktop computers, lap tops, tablets and mobile phones so your messages can hit people multiple times throughout the day, across multiple platforms and devices.
Internet marketing provides measurable results
We employ robust online metrics to track the number of impressions served, the number of people who clicked through and where they went or what they did after hitting your landing page. No other medium allows you to track these results, unless you rely on a vanity URL, which most people don’t bother typing in anymore, hence why the address bar in your browser has become a search bar. This kind of analytics allows you to fully evaluate the success of your campaign and determine your ROI.
Here are a few internet marketing channels that we employ to great effect:
• Search Ads: Nowadays, when travelers are searching for a vacation they simply open a browser and type it into their search bar. Our strategy makes sure your brand is popping up through PPC.
• Display Ads: Target and retarget prospective visitors based on demographics, content they’re reading online, the keywords they’re typing into Google, a vertical of sites with related content, and even email addresses or whether they opened an email marketing message.
• Social Ads: Target prospects in a way that looks like news content through Facebook Newsfeed ads, Twitter promoted tweets, and Instagram promoted posts.
• Digital Television & Video Streaming: We get more mileage out of television spots by taking a portion of your television media spend and putting it towards digital video streaming through services like Hulu+ and network/broadcast station mobile apps.
• Internet Radio: We can reach potential visitors on radio beyond local stations with targeted programming and an expansion of geological reach.
Need some help brainstorming how you can best take advantage of internet marketing? Contact us today and we’ll use our marketing expertise to develop a plan to complement your goals and campaigns.